Thursday, March 1, 2012

Welcome, March!

March means that spring break is right around the corner, the mornings are a little brighter, and the world feels a little greener.  Soon, everything will be in bloom -- in fact, it could be sooner than you think, if you're a Technique Tuesday fan.  This month's Studio AE stamp set is aptly named "Beauty of Spring," and it is filled with sentiments that are perfect for this time of year, written in that ever-so-lovely hand of Ali's.


When I was asked to be a guest designer for March, I could not believe my luck!
This layout features photos from a visit to Foster Botanical Garden, located in Honolulu.  It's this gorgeous expanse of verdant land in an unlikely location, with Chinatown on one side and the freeway on the other.   Our favorite areas are the butterfly garden, which is always a-flutter, and the greenhouse, which is filled with a variety of vibrant orchids.

I used the "Hello Blooms" stamp from the set here, adopting a varicolored approach by inking the stamp with yellow, orange, and red-orange pigment ink.  I stamped the sentiment repeatedly over a scalloped fabric ribbon, and stitched the fabric to the page.
I also added a tiny "hello" to the title of the page, trimmed from one of the sentiments.  I know it might seem bizarre to take a scissors to a stamp set, but I swear I didn't deface it!  The word can easily be placed with the rest of the sentiment again on an adhesive block, and you won't be able to tell the difference.
I will definitely have more projects to share with you throughout the month.  In the meantime, be sure to save the date: stop by on March 10 for the Studio AE blog hop!  

3 comments:

  1. so glad you're guesting this month - gorgeous layout as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great layout showcasing some lovely flowers (and your daughter too!).

    ReplyDelete