Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Zzzzzzzzz

This rainy weather makes me want to curl up in bed and wake up when summer arrives.  Today it poured, and as I looked toward Waikiki today -- and saw nothing, since it was obscured by rain clouds -- I thought of those poor tourists who scheduled trips to Oahu this week.  No blue skies for you.  I don't mind the rain, though.  I'm a homebody, so it's my kind of weather.  It just gets a little scary when the flash flood warnings start, and the news includes reports of landslides, road closures, and lightning striking houses.  This is what I have learned today: it is one thing to enjoy the rain pattering on the roof on a Saturday morning, and quite another to sit in torrential rain in traffic.  


While I sat in traffic today, the Calvinball crew was busy altering the rules once again -- this time in my favor.   In the midst of grading papers yesterday at home, I peeked in on the JBS Mercantile Forum Calvinball thread and saw that it was on fire, with everyone mentioning how much their totals had increased.  So I had to ask: 
Do graded papers count as layouts?  I could put some stickers on them.  :)  In fact, I hand-journaled on many of them.  
This morning, Doris replied: 
i've updated "the rules" this morning, adding an educator's clause similar to the educator's tax credit in which educators can claim a $250 deduction for classroom expenses.  in this case, educators can add a bonus point if they have to add "journaling" to student essays while calvinball is in progress.  this rule was submitted by jill and i am concurring with its validity as i will be pursuing this endeavor tomorrow.
Maybe that was my first pity point, but I'll take it! 


Tonight I also finished a page, so that brings my totals to...


Calvinball points: 4
Calvinblog points: 6
Bonus points:  4



Ere I go, I have a new page to share.   It was actually finished in February, so it's not Calvinball-qualified, but I love it all the same: 



This layout is from this week's Garden at Two Peas in a Bucket.  I decided to stop hoarding these wooden Basic Grey buttons and finally put them to use.  
 More details and a supply list can be found in the original gallery post


I'm off to "journal" on more student papers.  See you later!  

4 comments:

  1. great to hear that your day job counts towards Calvinball :)

    love the layout! the perfect place to de-hoard those buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwwwwww . . . this is so sweet and awesome jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh beautiful! and so sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!gorgeous design ( as ever!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. makes me giggle calvinball....GREAT layout!!

    ReplyDelete