Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Chomping Away

...at my stash, that is, thanks to a new challenge, Ms. Pacman.  The idea is to create your own kit from your stash, and then -- and this is the mind-blowing part -- use it.  The goal is to create one layout and two cards by midnight CST on April 20.  
This is the kit I put together, based on the requirements:

1.  Seven pieces of patterned paper, all of which are in "scrap" form (no complete sheets allowed).

I dug deep into my stash, and I used three Basic Grey papers (two from the "Recess" collection and one from the "Obscure" collection), one small square of Hambly grid paper, one strip from the Crate Paper "Portrait" collection, one piece of Studio Calico "English" paper that I've been hoarding for some time (I have multiples, though, so the hoarding continues regardless), and finally, I even included a piece of KI Memories/Love, Elsie "Click, Click"patterned paper from the "Zoe" line.

As I was going through my stash, I was tempted to use a bunch of my old KI Memories paper.  The problem is that the sheets aren't in "scrap" form.  They're pristine, actually.  That's how good I am at squirreling away my paper.  :) I really need to stop doing that.

2.  No more than one yard of trim, with no individual piece measuring more than 11" in length.

I went with a gorgeous striped red ribbon (from May Arts, I believe).  Time to put it to good use!  Right now I'm just working with 11" of it, but it's good to know I can use more if I need to do so.

3. One sticker sheet, with a catch: at least one sticker must be missing from the sheet.

I'm using a sheet of OA Sidewalks stickers.  A whole two stickers are already missing from the sheet.

4. A pre-2010 alphabet set.

I can't believe I actually had to do research for this, but it was worth it to confirm that the AC Thickers Typo letters in black were from 2009.

5. One jar or bottle of embellishments.  I have exactly one jar of embellishments in my entire stash. It's an apple butter jar packed to the hilt with OA buttons.  Thank goodness this challenge doesn't require me to use all of the contents of the jar!  Hmm...that does make me wonder what a background packed with buttons might look like.  Maybe I'll see where that idea takes me...

6.  One unopened package of scrappy product.  I'll be officially opening a package of 7gypsies rub-ons that I've had for a while.  I hope they still work!  Even if they don't, I will find a way to use them, dang it!

7. One roll of tape.  No problem here!  I have way too much of this stuff.  I decided to use a roll of 7gypsies papertape, from a previous JBS kit.

8.  One JBS item.   I reached immediately for stamps.  They're so versatile!  I'll be using the JBS acrylic label stamp set.

9. Unlimited cardstock.

10. Unlimited "technique-type product" (e.g. stamping ink, mist, embossing powder, etc.).

Fun, right?  I can't wait to get started. I am so hyped!

3 comments:

  1. Love this Challenge and will try to do it myself! Such a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still hoarding some Love, Elsie stuff too, glad i'm not the only one! i've really been having fun with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete