Saturday, April 7, 2012

Done and Done!

Hooray!  I have officially completed the Ms. Pacman challenge at JBS Mercantile. The challenge requires participants to "chomp" through their stashes by creating their own mini-kit and using it to put together one layout and two cards.  I finished my layout a few days ago, and as of this morning, my two cards are done and done!

In addition to the kit, I used the JBS/Fiskars "Flight" punch here (it qualifies as a technique-related product).  Initially, this was going to be a "Happy Spring" or "Happy Easter" card, but I hesitated to add a sentiment to it because I think it could also work with other themes as well.  For instance, it could be a "Welcome to the Neighborhood" card or even a lovey dovey "You Picked Me" kind of card.  I'm undecided.  I think I'll just wait for the right opportunity to give the card, and the sentiment will come to me then.  


Apparently I had a whole bunch of school-themed product in my kit. As I looked at the editing marks on the Studio Calico "English" paper, the idea of a "Keep At It" card came to mind, something to show support for a work in progress and to encourage motivation.  I used the JBS label stamps from my mini-kit here, along with the 7gypsies papertape that I love perhaps a little too much.

This challenge has been so much fun!  I have most definitely embraced the mini-kit approach to stimulating mojo while simultaneously chomping through my stash. It really works.

1 comment:

Nirupama said...

The best of both world's! I love the kissing birds, too cute. I guess that SC paper is no longer around. No wonder you hoarded it. I want to do this challenge, it seems so fun...as soon as I get the time :)