Sunday, April 29, 2012

Five Things

(1) The weekend just isn't long enough.

(2) Congratulations to the winner of Shannon Tidwell's Sassy Scrapping workshop at Two Peas!

I know you'll love it, Margie!

(3) I'm nearly finished with my Mother's Day cards.  Three of them were featured in Friday's post on the October Afternoon blog.
I used the new "Cakewalk" and "9 to 5" lines to create these, along with some of the new OA "Fly a Kite" fabric.  For the longest time I was hesitant to create cards, but I make almost all of my cards now.  People seem to get really excited when they receive handmade cards.  Maybe it's just fake enthusiasm, but I'll take it. :)  

(4) I saw this video by Frans Hofmeester the other day and it blew my mind.  It makes me want to turn back the clock.

Maybe I'll start something similar now, documenting Z's teen years.  Granted, now I'm imagining the video featuring a kid with a nose ring, blue hair, rolling eyes, and a scowl flashing by.  Maybe I'll skip the video.

(5) This weekend I had a chance to work with all four JBS April kits, and I just can't say enough about how beautiful they are.  The antiquarian kit, full of vintage treasures, is especially lovely...
and I am all over the wooden letters in the main kit.
Tomorrow is the 30th, which means that as the clock strikes midnight (CST) tomorrow night, the kits will be revealed in all of their JBS glory, and you will see just what the design team has done.  I've had a few peeks, and trust me -- you will LOVE what you see.

Have a great week!



4 comments:

  1. Yay! Awesome! I will email you now! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Saw that video on Facebook too, and with a newborn I'm thinking about trying something similar (but every month, not week). Just not sure I Will be able to continue for 12 years !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness!! that video made me cry!! so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the cutest cards ever!

    ReplyDelete