Thursday, April 5, 2012

One Down!

Apparently creating a mini-kit for the Ms. Pacman challenge is exactly what I needed to supercharge my mojo and lose all self-control.  It's crazy.  Once I compiled the kit yesterday, I couldn't stop staring at it.  So I chose a photo to go with it, thinking I'd get to the layout itself over the weekend.  Done.  Time to do other stuff.  Non-scrappy stuff.

Then, while I was trying to be self-disciplined by acknowledging that I did indeed have stuff to do, I just kept sneaking peeks at the kit, sitting on the desk next to me.

So I grabbed a few of the scraps and just played a little mix and match.  I gave myself five minutes.  Just five.  After all, I had stuff to do.

A half an hour later, I was totally absorbed in creating a layout.  The time flew by, and I think this had everything to do with the fact that there was no searching involved.  Everything I needed was right next to me, ready to go.
And I did get my "stuff" done.  Eventually.

Two cards to go!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

i love this! those buttons along the top are wonderful!

Natalie Elphinstone said...

I'm so happy to see what you've done with your kit already. I too was staring at what you put together. What I love about what you're doing lately is mixing these 'vintage neutrals' with almost neon brights. I'm so inspired by that. I've got plans of my own now :-)
Love this pretty layout.

Rita said...

This is awesome! I got side-tracked organizing my photos and going through all of my scrapbook albums last night. But I am planning on doing my layout tonight - I found some unscrapped slip-n-slide photos to use!!

Amanda Jones said...

Wow, great job! I did the exact same thing yesterday - just one card to go for me now. Oh, and I didn't get my other "stuff" done. Lol!

Diana Waite said...

FANTASTIC--love it!