Thursday, April 26, 2012

Slacking Slacker Slackerton

Seriously, I do mean to keep this blog updated more frequently, but it's been crazy (as in, cah-wray-zee) lately, what with there being only a month left of the school year.  I will survive (and hopefully, start blogging regularly again soon)!

It recently occurred to me that Mother's Day is just a few weeks away, on May 13.  I'm not much of a planner when it comes to holidays, but Mother's Day is not exactly an occasion that accommodates procrastinators.   A woman's radar is way too keen, detecting last-minute items and lame excuses easily.  Don't even try to hand her those sad flowers you got from 7-Eleven.  Oh, she knows

So...I've been trying to come up with a few ideas for gifts for the mothers in my family.  Luckily, my Tuesday Tutorial post on the October Afternoon blog this week gave me the push I needed.   I transformed a cheapie wooden frame into this: 

I'll be creating more of these to give as gifts -- along with 7-Eleven flowers, of course. Ha.  

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! I love the ribbon on the right side - such a cute detail! :)

    ReplyDelete