Friday, May 4, 2012

Even More Kit Love

May the fourth be with you!
(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

This month I had the pleasure of being the guest designer for Cocoa Daisy.  The May kit, "Graffiti Bridge," is really quite lovely.
It's packed with colorful papers and super fun accents, all of which make for some happy scrapping:
I painted the flower (above) and the frames (below) using mist rather than paint.  I also used the exclusive scallop stamp from the kit (above), embossing the image for a bit of added texture.
If you're curious about how I printed the journaling, I shared my approach in a tutorial on the Two Peas blog a few weeks ago.
It amuses me that the same kit that can be used to create a pink, prom-themed layout can also be used to create this page as well.  
These pictures capture R & Z so perfectly.  Those nuts.
The kit also contains a lovely "Blazonry" stencil from Crafter's Workshop/Julie Balzer Designs.  When I placed it alongside the Amy Tangerine die-cut leaf, I realized that it would be perfect for creating leaves.
I painted the Amy Tangerine alphas (above) using a JBS Speckled Egg paint dabber.  I also used the exclusive scallop stamp again (below). This stamp is definitely a keeper!  
I also put together a few cards using the kit.  Yes, cards -- can you believe that a few years ago I was actually card-phobic?  

This first card is a simple one.  As beautiful as the Amy Tangerine floral paper is to begin with, I enhanced it a little more by painting some of the flowers with pink, yellow, and orange mist.  I'm planning on including it with a Mother's Day gift. 
The second card features some pretty-pretty paper from My Mind's Eye.  I stitched a grid around each of the butterflies.
The final card incorporates a fun little JBS tag.  I can see this card in the hands of the school secretary (or administrative assistant, if you prefer) or a teacher.
All in all, it's a lovely month at Cocoa Daisy.  This kit was so much fun to work with -- and don't even get me started on what the incredible Cocoa Daisy design team did with it.  You simply must see for yourself! 

2 comments:

sophie said...

Jill! I am such a great fan of yours! and I love what you have done with this kit!! amazing color combination and always amazing journaling. you are a true artist

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

Jill - that prom layout - is one of my top faves of all time now! yes! you are an artist!