Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Own Challenge

This weekend I've had a wonderful time at the Two Peas NSD festivities. Although I don't have much scrapping to show for it, since I had a lot going on behind the scenes, I did complete a few layouts.  One of those layouts is based on a challenge that I gave myself to finally start working my way through my scrappy "bucket list." There are certain photos and layouts that intimidate me.  I don't know where to begin -- so I just...began. 
As I shared when I first posted this at Two Peas, usually when scrappers share images of pregnancy tests, the tests are positive.  This page is about the other side of that -- coming to terms with the "negatives" and finding the positives within that.  
I wasn't sure about sharing this page at first, but what is there to hide, really? I know I'm not alone in this.  Creating the page and finally putting words alongside the photos was cathartic for me.  
There's a reason why I save all sorts of odds and ends.  A few of them found their home on this layout. 
All in all, I feel relieved, having made this layout.  Maybe it's time to pay a little more attention to that "bucket list" and stop being so nervous about getting it right. 

I hope you had a wonderful NSD weekend!  

7 comments:

  1. Jill,

    I am a huge fan of your work, and never more so than after seeing this layout! I love your honest and genuine approach and am moved by the way you poured your true self into this layout.

    Thank you for showing us that this hobby of ours is really about sharing our truths -- not just the shiny, happy, glossy parts of our lives!

    Blessings to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jill. This layout is incredible and heartbreaking. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know this all too well, and could've had so many photos of the negative test too. I have spend the last 7 years -pretty much each month - trying to get pregnant. After four years we finally had another boy a month ago. It is truly worth the fight/struggle/pain etc. Truly wish your dream comes true soon. Thank you for sharing! I totally love your layout and especially the topic and power of scrappin' difficult things like this. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! Yes, so many people go through this. We did as well at one point. :) Good luck if you're still in the process of trying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing Jill. You are a very special person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This layout is so heartfelt, thank you for sharing your journey. Hugs to you Jill.

    ReplyDelete