Thursday, May 10, 2012

(P)noticed: 10 on the 10th

1. Pin:
Dietlind Wolf


2. Passage:
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.
3. Picture:
Two Peas Photography Challenge: Collections
4. Person:
Jody Wenke.  She shared some wonderful news on her blog this week. 


5. Problem: 
As much as I am looking forward to summer vacation, I am not looking forward to saying goodbye to my students.  I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those crybaby last days of school for me.  


6. Process:
I took last month's favorite photo of my cousin and used it on one of my Two Peas Garden layouts. 
See the original gallery post for more details. 
Because I love the photo so much, I was a little intimidated at first by the prospect of using purple.  However, my solution was to incorporate just a bit of purple through the use of purple paint on the layout.  I added it to the background and over the word "world" in the title.  The presence of purple doesn't overwhelm the layout since I included other bright colors as well.  
7. Product: 
I am loving bright everything right now, including this uber-cute Jillibean Soup paper from the Chicken Dumpling line:

Both sides are just so charming.  The pudgy bunnies on the A-side?  The woodgrain on the B-side?  I just can't pick a favorite, so I used both on this layout: 
See the original gallery post for more details. 



8. Pleasure:
I can't even begin to tell you how happy sleep is making me these days.  Add a light pattering of rain, a slight chill in the air, and a cuddly dog to that, and it's all good. 


9. Post: 
This post is definitely giving me ideas.  I'm looking at my JBS cigar box and seeing the possibilities. 

10. Present: 
I am having a really tough time deciding whether I should go to bed or whether I should watch Grey's. Choices, choices.  Given #8, I think you can guess which one I'm more partial to at the moment. 


Sweet dreams! 

2 comments:

sophie said...

I totally agreee about bright colors:! I can't do without these either right now! thank you for sharing what is on your mind!

Diana Waite said...

BEAUTIFUL creations! Love the bright colors.