Monday, May 14, 2012

Word to Your Mother

Today's post on the October Afternoon blog features the speech that my daughter gave at her school's annual mother/daughter luncheon.  I've mentioned it on this blog once before, but now you can read the full heartwarming address (a.k.a. "Ode to an Irritating Mother").
The layout is also my take on this week's OA blog challenge, which is to merge the title and the journaling on a layout.  Lexi Bridges joined me for the challenge, and you must check out her take on it.  In addition, both of us used the new Here and Now Chapter sheets on our layouts.  I love these ever so much.

I haven't fit this much journaling on a page in a while, but I'm glad I finally got around to doing this.  It's definitely a moment I want to remember (even if I do "irritate the life out of" that poor child).  

6 comments:

leah said...

Love the layout, Jill!! It's definitely a moment to remember! Love how you stitched the banner onto the photo! ^_^

Deana said...

I saw this on the OA blog yesterday & that speech made me cry! Absolutely amazing. Sounds like you're doing a GREAT job as a mom. :-)

Barb said...

Woah. Did you just sit in the audience and cry like a baby?!!?

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

She is definitely her mother's daughter, isn't she? Such a way with words! You must be sooo proud!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Oh, my! What a fantastic speech. She sure gets her writing talent from her mama! Gorgeous page, Jill!

em said...

I pretty much love everything about her speech and your layout. :) Thanks so much for sharing. :)