Friday, June 1, 2012

June at JBS

The Jenni Bowlin Mercantile June kits are now available, and my, oh my, they are lovely.

Here's the main kit, featuring the new Wren line from JBS...
and the artisan kit, full of 7gypsies, Basic Grey, and Studio Calico lovelies...
the antiquarian kit, which is almost too beautiful to actually use (especially that blue velvet ribbon!) ...
and the mini-album kit, the materials for which were selected by DT member Leah Farquharson:
With school ending only days ago, I was only just able to break into the kits, but the next week will no doubt find me happily immersed in these beauties. I will most definitely have more to share in the mid-month gallery.  Here's what I have so far, using the artisan and antiquarian kits:
This is a card I created for a "superstar" graduate (she really is!).  It was inspired by a search on trifold cards that I did recently on Pinterest, and one card in particular, by "crafty sahm i am", which used a series of punched and stamped hearts.  I loved the idea of repeating the same shape on the back and front of a card.  I used my Cameo to cut out a series of stars, and then I funked them up a bit by adding mist, paint, and glitter.  I also incorporated painted wood hearts from the artisan kit.  

The second project I created was a layout about my daughter and me: 
I attempted to take on this month's kit challenge, which is to use a grid and a stencil, but I kind of forgot to use the main kit, and used the artisan kit instead.  Whoops!  I still love it, though, and will likely have another go at the challenge, this time hopefully following the directions.  I am all about the grids lately.   I had fun creating the one on this page.  I even have the yellow fingernails to prove it.
I also worked in a bit of vintage ephemera from the antiquarian kit.  
Who knew that a whiskey label could be so very meaningful? I love how the antiquarian kits are always full of surprises like this.  Jenni has such incredible taste.  

I'm off to catch up on some summertime reading.  Actually, scratch that.  There is no "catching up." It's summer.   The fact that I have time to read a book of my own choosing right now means that the days are now moving at the perfect pace.  

Thanks for stopping by! 

1 comment:

  1. Great kits and love the projects you have created this far. Such a clever card! Hope you cross off most things on you to do list for the summer!

    ReplyDelete