Sunday, June 24, 2012

Plants, Zombies, and JBS

It's been a fun weekend over at the JBS Studio Mercantile Forum.  The chats were -- as always -- highly amusing, and the challenges have been just as amusing.  Yesterday, Doris came up with a one-hour challenge that I had to attempt, because it was just so irresistibly weird.  She was apparently inspired by a video game, Plants vs. Zombies, the premise of which is that zombies are proliferating, and the only way that you can combat them is by using plants.  Bizarre.

So the challenge?  In an hour or less, create a card that has four components: it must include green and it must include something floral (to represent the plants), and it must feature something black and something that should have been purged, but wasn't (to represent the zombies).

I got off to a late start with the challenge, mostly because I was looking at Plants vs. Zombies, but I was able to finish a card during that hour.  It's the perfect card to give when the zombie apocalypse arrives:
Sorry for the not-so-great photo.  I was trying to beat the clock.

My green element included patterned paper and a border sticker from Crate Paper, along with Mint Julep Studio Calico mist.   I also used some Buttercup mist and floral Crate Paper for my floral element.

My black element?  More mist.  Finally, the shoulda-coulda-woulda-purged items are the stars and brads from an old-ish KI holiday embellishment collection (do you remember those cute test tubes?) and American Crafts Typo letters (of which I have a set that is lacking all vowels but "u").

I got a kick out of this challenge. :)  I can't wait for the next crop!

There's still time to get in on some of the challenges, if you're in need of a little creative push.   Many of their deadlines aren't until next week.   Check out the full list of challenges on the Summer Crop Celebration 2012 thread.

2 comments:

  1. how is it that you even make a plants vs. zombies card look amazing??! Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I just got that mist, it looks great on your card!

    ReplyDelete