Sunday, June 10, 2012

(P)noticed: 10 on the 10th

1. Pin:
Cover love (and hopefully book love, after I read this).  "Girlchild" by Tupelo Hassman.
This book is also on my summer reading list.  
2. Passage:
"...Barry Lopez said we are pattern makers, and if our patterns are beautiful and full of grace they will be able to bring a person for whom the world has become broken and disorganized up off his knees and back to life."
-- from Pam Houston's Contents May Have Shifted (299)
3. Picture:
4. Person:
Christine Middlecamp, who is generously sharing her "Mapping Happiness" project-in-process on her blog.

5. Problem:
The 10th ends in a few hours, and my lasagna will be out of the oven in about 10 minutes, so I should finish this fast!

6. Process:
As of a few moments ago, this month's JBS mid-month gallery is up, packed with TWENTY-NINE new projects.  Many of the designers provided information about their processes in the details, as did I, in regard to an album that I created about my grandmother's first pregnancy, and its impact on my own pregnancy and mindset as an expectant mother.  This is a story that I have long been struggling to tell in some way, and I finally found a way to do it.


7. Product:
This month's JBS main kit includes the entire Wren line, which Two Peas in a Bucket now has in stock. I absolutely love the entire line, though one of my favorite papers is "Blueprint."  
A smaller version of the pattern is included in the Mini Pattern Sheet from the Wren line, which I used on a card that I created with the main kit: 

8. Pleasure:
Lasagna. Guess what just came out of the oven, cheese and sauce dripping everywhere? ;)

9. Post:  See #4 above.  Oh, also, does a video count as a post?  I've been getting a kick out of this one:

They're using classroom instruments.

10. Present:
My husband and I celebrated our anniversary this week.  He really is the best gift ever.   So schmaltzy have I been lately, that I couldn't resist making him the subject of my layout for this week's challenge at Two Peas in a Bucket, which is to use song lyrics on a layout.
More details and a full supply list may be found at Two Peas in a Bucket
I'm off to lose myself in lasagna.
Source
Have a great week! 

4 comments:

  1. Okay that video is awesome. Seriously!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your 10 things. And that page of your husband, wow, the journaling all the way around the photo is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! Thanks for introducing me to that blueprint paper, I have to find and hoard some! Love the layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My best friend pointed me to your blog today and told me you deserve to be even more popular than you are. I totally agree! The layout with your husband struck me immediately.

    ReplyDelete