Saturday, July 28, 2012

Case Closed (for Now)

This is my last week of playing along as a "Special Agent" at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. All month I've found myself stretched creatively, and I have four layouts that I love to show for it.  This week's Case File features a color scheme that I might never have thought to use otherwise, but as I found, it's really quite lovely!
Here's my approach to Case File #30: 
For the testimony, I focused on my daughter's sweet voice and told the story of how she has been singing in choirs since she was a child. The journaling is on a tag tucked behind a photo. 
For the evidence, I used fabric, ribbon, metal, brads/eyelets, and though I didn't add my own distressing, I did use some papers with a lightly distressed look. 
I mixed old(er) and new(ish) products here from Studio Calico, Pink Paislee, Bazzill, Prima, My Mind's Eye, October Afternoon, Jenni Bowlin, American Crafts, and BasicGrey.  I dug deep in my stash for some of this stuff!
It's been a great month guesting at CSI. I am hoping that when the school year starts up again, I will still be able to play along from time to time.  If you haven't yet checked out CSI, you so should!

2 comments: