Friday, July 6, 2012

They've Given You a Number...

Years ago, soon after discovering Two Peas in a Bucket, I also discovered a series of challenges posted on the forums there, and an addict was born. Along the way, I met someone who loved challenges even more than I did, Debbi Tehrani. She's so very inventive, and her multi-layered, varicolored pages are full of heart. Plus, she always makes room for thoughtful journaling. When Debbi started CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration, she took challenges to a whole new level.  Instead of just focusing on a single task, the CSI challenges are built around case files. They begin with a "scene" and color scheme, and then provide multiple options and ideas for incorporating "evidence" and "testimony."

This month, Debbi invited me to be a Special Agent at CSI. I began by tackling Case File No. 27.

Here's my take on the challenge: 
A supply list may be found at Two Peas in a Bucket
This layout is a tribute to the cake of cakes, the lemon cake my husband requested from Grand Cafe & Bakery for his birthday.  In line with the challenge, I worked in the colors from the scene/scheme (the brown appears in the photos, so I didn't add more).  I absolutely love this color palette.
For my evidence, I used flowers, sparkles, and clouds.
For my testimony, the idea of a "small taste" was a springboard for the page as well as the journaling.
I can't wait to play again next week!  I so love these challenges!

4 comments:

  1. Love your take the this week's Case File - isn't this a fantastic color palette this week? Your photos are such a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how you ROCKED the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard about this challenge site before, thlove how vibrant this layout is & the little pie chart pattern you created, cute!

    ReplyDelete