Monday, July 9, 2012

A Two-Pager. Whoa.

The other day I sat down and actually created a two-page layout. It's been a while since I've done that, and I have no idea why I stopped.  It was so much fun to do! Danni Reid's Monday challenge on the October Afternoon blog gave me just the push I needed to get a little bit crazy with Cakewalk:
The challenge was to use the colorful inspiration piece that Danni selected as a springboard for a project, and both Danni and I incorporated OA Cakewalk Tidbits and Doodads along the way.  

Taking my cue from the inspiration piece, I worked in a lot of color and a lot of repetition on the layout. I included a few of the cassette tapes from the Cakewalk Doodads and a bunch of die-cut tapes (using the Cassette Tape Shape Card template from Alaa' K, found in the Silhouette store).  The journaling is about my family's musical tastes.  Each of us has our own musical "profile" featured here. 

Thanks for visiting today!  There's still one more day to get in on my de-stashing giveaway, if you're interested.  I'll choose a winner tomorrow evening.  Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. I commented on the OA post...LOVE this. :)
    I love all the color, and the tapes...everything!

    ReplyDelete