Sunday, August 26, 2012

JBS Mercantile September Sneak

This weekend the JBS Inspiration Blog has been the site of one the best tennis games I've ever witnessed. The team has been serving up layouts 'round the clock, sharing creations inspired by this diagram of an actual tennis court:
It's a kick to see how a bunch of people can interpret a single sketch in so many different ways.  My own layout is based on the arrangement of the blocks in the center and the arrows that surround it. 
I used the soon-to-be-released JBS September kits here.  Most of the items come from the main kit; the MME wooden/chipboard buttons and the Amy Tangerine date stamp come from the artisan kit.  Right now I'm working on a layout using the antiquarian and mini-album kits. 
The antiquarian kit is actually making some of us a little emotional. It must be a teacher thing. :)  You'll see what I mean when the kits are revealed at the end of the month. 

On to the winner of the Garden Girl blog hop giveaway!  
The winner of Jen Gallacher's Words Unsaid workshop is...
Congratulations, Carol!  I love that bit about "Words Better off Left Unsaid."  I know exactly what you mean!  

(ETA: Carol, I forwarded your info to Jamie at Two Peas, and you should have class access soon!)

6 comments:

  1. I love your layout Jill!! Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7I love how the Jenni Bowlin blog has challenges that are different from anywhere else. They are so clever and fun.

    Love the chevron borders on your LO!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thank you Jill! I'm so excited that I won Jen's class! I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now though. Am I already registered for the class at 2Peas or do I still need to go register?
    seawest/2Peas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wicked cool inspiration, and I love what you did with it. Marvelous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jill! I'm actually away from home for a few days, but hope I will be able to access the class when we get home Tuesday. I'm really excited about the workshop. And I love your layouts and will be haunting/following you regularly!

    ReplyDelete