Friday, August 10, 2012

(P)noticed: 10 on the 10th

1. Pin: 
Sonia Delaunay
2. Passage: 
"We focus in schools on that which is quantifiable when, I think, our real value as places of learning rests in that messy stuff that isn’t.
3. Picture: 
Someone actually gave me an apple on the first day of school.  :) 
4. Person: Bran.  This summer she started posting her layouts at Two Peas, and I absolutely love her style! 

5. Problem:  The weekend is only two days long. 

6. Process:  I had Tom Petty's song of the same name in my head as I worked on this layout for the Garden at Two Peas: 
Additional details and a full supply list may be found at Two Peas in a Bucket.
This came together much more quickly than I thought it would. I began by placing an actual boarding pass in the middle of the layout, situated the photo over it, and built the rest of the layout around it in five sections, one for each destination that my daughter wants to visit once she has her "wings" someday. 

7. Product:  I am crazy about the new Ormolu flair at Two Peas!   I used one of the Tag Sale flair pins in the layout above. I've also got my eye on these Bungalow Analog Clocks
8. Pleasure:  My husband and I just started watching The Newsroom. After the first episode finished, I realized that I was crying, and I had no idea why.  I keep getting teary during episodes.  What is it about this show that makes the citizen in me come to life? 
9. Post: It's definitely worth checking out the Summer Games posts this month on the JBS Inspiration blog! 

10. Present: I'm wondering how to turn the brown cat I'm currently cat-sitting back into the white cat that I took in a few weeks ago. Oops. 



1 comment:

  1. I was wondering about the Newsroom. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete