Sunday, September 30, 2012

JBS Mercantile October Kits!

The JBS Mercantile October kits are now available, and the design team gallery is chock full of lovely layouts, including layouts from this month's guest, Amanda Jones Robinson. This month's kits include one of my favorite lines in the history of scrapdom, October Afternoon's Midway, as well as lots of new Jenni Bowlin Studio goodies!

Here's the Papercrafting Kit, featuring an exclusive stamp and stencil:
This month's kit challenge is to get painterly with this kit, so I did just that:
I layered papers in varying sizes over each other, using pop dots between layers to create dimension. I cut circles in the top layer and used them as homes for accents. 
The October main kit also contains colors that are perfect for Halloween layouts. 
I created the bright orange background behind the photo by mixing JBS Chicken Feed paint with a dollop of modeling paste, and I used a palette knife to smooth the mixture over the paper. 
This month's featured die cut is a doily, which I tucked into one of the layers here. You should see what the rest of the team did with it! 

More details (including how I created the Halloween-ish "ombre" title) can be found in the JBS DT gallery

Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment