Thursday, October 11, 2012

10.11.12

Today was the second day of my fall break, and it got off to a rousing start -- at 11:30 a.m.   That is to say, I fell asleep last night without setting the alarm clock, believing myself to be entitled to a day off the clock, and my body naturally surrendered to a sleep that lasted almost twelve hours.  Crrrrazy.  

It's been a restful day, for sure, and a good one.  Z and I drove out to Haleiwa for lunch.  There are repairs going on to the 80-year-old Karsten Thot bridge, which is the way most people head to the North Shore, so we had to take an alternate route through Kaukonahua Road, dubbed "Snake Road" for a reason.  Still, as tense as I can be driving on that windy road and passing monuments near dented safety rails every few minutes, the view is incredible -- wooded areas, open farmland, and the blue ocean ahead on the horizon.

Tonight I have big scrappy plans.  Of course, every time I sit down to scrap, I end up at Two Peas.  Shocker.

This evening I noticed a thread on Two Peas talking about the new KI Memories and BasicGrey in the store, and a moment later, my cart was full.  I think I'm most excited about these lovelies: 

KI Memories Washi Tapes
And you know, given how the theme of time recurs on my layouts, I had to snag these: 

KI Memories Tick Tock Flashback Clear Stamps
I'm loving the new BasicGrey, too.  
BasicGrey Lucille Vintage Buttons
BasicGrey Lucille "Pleat" Patterned Paper (B-side)
BasicGrey Serenade "Half Penny" Patterned Paper (B-side)
I am a fool for bright and colorful products. My restraint totally went out the window tonight! 

Today was also Thursday Sketch day on the October Afternoon blog.  Danni Reid provided a sketch that, at first, made me want to make a card, but I decided to "stretch the sketch" and create a 12 x 12 layout. I replaced the hexagons in the original sketch with stamped and embossed pumpkins:  
Witch Hazel is my go-to line this Halloween. I have a scrappy little crush on these chipboard buttons. 
I had the Eagles' "Witchy Woman" in my head the whole time I worked on this page. :) 

I'm off to scrap the night away! 

3 comments:

  1. Those washis are awesome! So jealous that you will be playing with them soon!!

    Love your layout!! The pumpkins are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I've got Witchy Woman playing too! Love that layout and how great to sleep in - your body needed it!

    ReplyDelete