Wednesday, October 10, 2012

(P)noticed: 10 on the 10th

1. Pin: 
Source
2. Passage: 

I once left a restaurant in the middle of dessert to get to Krispy Kreme before it closed. 
-- Tina Fey, Bossypants

I would so totally do that.  

3. Picture:
After we took this photo of the women in our family, my grandma said, "Thank you." I've always found it so adorable that she does that after every photo, as if it were an honor for someone to take her picture. 
4. Person: Margaret Atwood.

5. Problem: My daughter starts college in less than three years.  Every time I think about this, I hyperventilate just a little.  How soon does empty nest syndrome begin? 

6. Process:  I am so feeling Halloween right now, scrap-wise!  The following layout from this week's Garden at Two Peas in a Bucket features a customized misted background. 
For more details and a supply list, see the original layout at Two Peas in a Bucket.
I began by adding an orange base over white cardstock, followed by a reddish one, and then I added even more orange over that.   I cut small rectangles from the cardstock and used them behind the die-cut journaling, and I kept the remaining red-orange paper "frame" to use as one of the layers in the background.


7.  Product: I crazy love these sticky notes from Knock Knock.

8. Pleasure: Each night before bed, the dog sprawls on her back between Rob and me, and starts wiggling around. She gets really playful and then suddenly stops and puts her paws out on Rob's chest, and her eyelids get heavier and heavier. It's such a riot, and is easily one of the best parts of my day.

9. Post: The Captivating Teacher Manifesto, by Vicki Davis

10. Present: I just finished watching Modern Family.  That show is gold.

2 comments:

  1. I love Margaret Atwood and The Scarlet Letter too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog. Awesome you guys did that!!

    The more I see your layouts, the more I think we have in common. I think you'll appreciate this: my husband and I go to a themed party every year for Halloween. This year's theme is "Insane Asylum." He's going as the white swan and I'm going as the black swan. lol!!

    ReplyDelete