Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November at JBS

It's the middle of the month, which means that the design team gallery at JBS Mercantile has made room for a few more projects. Here are my contributions, using the November kits
I smoothed a layer of modeling paste over the stencils from the papercrafting kit and the artisan kit to create the raised circles on this layout. The journaling includes my daughter's definition of a "cat person" (which she is, as evidenced by the photograph with her familiar).  
This layout was inspired by our recent elections. Rather than take a partisan stance, I focused on my own beliefs and attitudes toward voting and its importance in a democracy. I used the November Backdrops Kit Cuts file to create the star background. 
This month's kits contain lots of new Jenni Bowlin Studio items, including the new Red and Black Extension V collection as well as some of the cutest label stickers I've ever seen: 

You can also find these lovelies at Two Peas in a Bucket, as of today.  

Be sure to check out the JBS Inspiration blog all this month for holiday crafting ideas.  Tomorrow's post will feature my approach to holiday gifts for teachers.  Given that my daughter has eight teachers, you know that the item is going to have to be mass produced -- but I promise that'll it still be meaningful! 

2 comments:

  1. LOve, love, love both of these pages. The first one is so wonderful with the dimension and arrangement of the photo + journalling block. And it is totally making me want to break out modelling paste again.

    I LOVE the star cut out and the ribbon on the second page. So nice to see those kind of thoughts recorded. Can you imagine how awesome it would be if we could read what our great-great grandmothers thought about voting??!

    ReplyDelete