Sunday, December 2, 2012

Welcome, December!

December is that month of contradictions and paradoxes: 

when the thought of the c-c-c-cold makes you feel cozy and warm inside, 

when an introspective, reflective mode takes hold of you even whilst pandemonium surrounds you, 

when many gifts are headed your way but all you can think about is giving, 

when you wake up craving something sweet but all there is to eat is nasty fruitcake.  

It's a crazy month, but it's a wonderful one. 

I've kicked off the month by getting crafty. I have holiday cards on the brain, along with gift-wrapping ideas, and a mini-album to document the month's festivities (and frustrations). I've also been having fun creating layouts with the new Jenni Bowlin Mercantile December kits.  
I created this using the mini-album kit.  Isn't the kit fantastic? 
I'm using the album itself to document Thanksgiving memories and traditions as well as my family's favorite recipes. That's still a work in process. :) [ETA: I changed my mind!  It's going to be an album to document 2013.]

I'm off to go do my least favorite part of December holiday preparations -- cleaning the house.  Blah.  Wish me luck! 

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the house-cleaning - I'm so with you, I've got a mess to clean up before I can even think of putting Christmas stuff out!
    TFS your fun page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As we brace ourselves for 39 degrees celsius tomorrow, the idea of cold is very appealing! Love the page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that layout! Good idea for the mini album... don't know what I will do with mine yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh amazing use of stencils . I love love the whole feeling of the layout and the colors!
    fab as ever!

    ReplyDelete