Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Real Thing

Love is great. Love is grand.
But being able to laugh like a fool with the one you love?
That's the best.

I love seeing my mom laughing -- really laughing -- again.
For years, she was broken-hearted,
but she never gave up on the idea that God had a plan for her,
and she was right.

Today, she is married to a truly good man,
one who loves her just as she is,
and who makes her laugh like a lunatic.
Love transforms us.
It's a crazy, magical thing.
(For more details about the layout and the sketch on which it is based, check out this week's October Afternoon sketch challenge post.)

4 comments:

  1. I am totally in love with this, the title work is amazing and I love the ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture of the ribbon and all the cute little hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh your title is sooooo gorgeous!!
    happy for your mom. Laughter is the glue of my marriage and family that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love how you painted "Laughter & Love". Do you have a tutorial or video on how you did this? I don't paint, and don't even know where to start to duplicate what you did, but I love how the colors are solid and also blended to create other colors. Any help would be great! mheibel@cox.net

    ReplyDelete