Sunday, February 10, 2013

This Is the Sound of Hungry Women

Years ago, as a teenager, I saw a performance of Les Miserables. I wasn't sure if I would like it, and the music at the beginning seemed almost discordant, but by the end of the play, I was weeping openly and professing my love for Les Mis. Thus, several months ago, when I heard the first few notes of Anne Hathaway's quavering voice singing "I Dreamed a Dream" and realized that I was seeing a trailer for a film version of Les Miserables, I was ecstatic (even through my tears -- yes, I cried during the trailer). 

Just before the movie's premiere, I watched a featurette that blew my mind -- I learned that the singing in the film had been recorded live. The actors did not lip-synch using a pre-recorded track, as is conventional for movie musicals.

Knowing this just compounded the emotional effect of the film for me. My daughter and I absolutely loved the movie, and just a week after we'd seen it, she coordinated a second showing, this time with a bunch of her friends, followed by lunch filled with comfort food, to assist in the recovery after such a cathartic experience.  

Luckily, I had my camera on hand for the occasion: 
I created this layout for the Jenni Bowlin Studio blog, featuring new stamps, journaling cards, and accents, as well as papers from the Modern Mercantile line (and these can all be found in this month's JBS Mercantile kits as well).
The journaling shares the impact of the film on these ladies:
A full description of my process can be found on the JBS blog.

Thanks for visiting! I'll have the cast of SNL sing you out on this lovely Sunday:

1 comment:

  1. Holy crow, that stamped/painty background is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete