Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Sketchy Concept

While the terms "simplicity" and "layers" may seem to be contradictory, this week's sketch on the October Afternoon blog finds a way to make them work together on a single layout.
I created a layout about my sweet kitty, Molly. I had to laugh when I found a scrap of paper from the OA 9 to 5 collection that read, "acknowledge receipt of." Poor Molly has been passed from owner to owner, but she found her forever home with us. She's an outdoor cat, preferring to sleep under the house rather than in it, but she isn't a wanderer. One shake of the catfood bag, and suddenly she's right there. 

This page was a snap to put together -- it really is possible to create simple layers!  As a bonus, aside from the cardstock, every single piece of paper here came from my pile o' scraps. 

Becky Novacek also contributed a beautiful layout to the post, so you should definitely stop by the OA blog and check it out! You won't be disappointed.  

Have a happy Tuesday! 

3 comments:

  1. When I saw this LO in OA blog I immediately knew it was yours, before I read the text. Funny, how the style can really say who's the creator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill, Thanks for stopping by my blog and featured one of my layout under 'inspired by'. I am so thrilled!! your works never fail to inspire me ;) XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout! That kitty is just gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete