Friday, March 22, 2013

Gardeners' Digest: March Garden Girl Blog Hop

Welcome to the Gardeners' Digest, a monthly update from the Garden Girls, the design team at Two Peas in a Bucket.  We'd love it if you'd "hop" by each of our blogs today to see what's in bloom in the Garden this month. If you've been following the hop so far, you were just visiting with Jen Gallacher. If you'd like to go back to the beginning, it all starts on the Two Peas blog
At this time of year, the world is not just "mud-luscious," as e.e. cummings once put it, but it's also beginning to fill with incredible colors. In the spirit of springtime, next month's Garden will burst into bloom with all of the colors of the rainbow -- color is our theme! I so enjoyed immersing myself in the process of creating a layout using tints and shades of green alongside some neutrals.  Here's a peek: 
As you can see, I got a little stamp-happy and even worked in some embossing action. It's going to be a new addiction, I think! 
The winter-to-spring shift has been great for the peas' creativity, it seems! Each time I stop by the gallery, I find myself liking and bookmarking and pinning so many projects. Here are a few that have caught my eye recently: 
(From the top) "Love You to the Moon and Back" (by Waisam), "I Love You with All My Heart" (by Melissanmann), "Howl" (by Vverstrat) and "Let Your Friends Warm Your Heart" (by Magnette
Oh, you peas. Thanks for the inspiration! Keep it coming! 
It's no secret that I am a fan of all that is bright and colorful, so you can imagine how giddy I've been over the new releases that have been showing up in the Two Peas store.  Here are a few of my favorites: 
Ormolu "Made" Flair. These always work so well in accent clusters. 
Sweet Notes and Composition & ColorAllison Kreft's new lines for Webster's Pages.  A boxload of these lovelies is heading across the Pacific toward me right now! 
Corrugated paper from Amy Tangerine and Fancy Pants. I used the teal paper on my color layout, and I am in love. 
Zing! Embossing Powder from American Crafts. It's time to expand my collection! 
Love Note ATCs from Chic Tags. I love how Melissa Mann uses them in her layout above! 
To thank you for stopping by today, I'd love to offer you a chance to win a $10 Two Peas in a Bucket gift certificate. Just leave a comment on this post (including your Two Peas username) before 6:00 p.m. Hawaii time on Thursday, March 28, and I will select one lucky winner. 

Your next stop on the hop is the blog of Garden Girl Lilith Eeckels.  Enjoy! 

57 comments:

  1. Jill! This is some fabulous inspiration and you have me back in the 2Peas shop checking out that too fab corrugated paper. Thank you for the chance to win!

    Oh, and my username is j.leija =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the entire page! Thanks for the chance to win!

    - Kate, stinkydudette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need (o.k. WANT) to get some Zing embossing powder. They have such great colors! The only color I have is white...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! Your upcoming layout looks awesome! I too am wanting to get more of those Zing embossing powders! the look is just awesome! I also need to get my hands on that Ormolu and Alison Kreft! Thanks for the chance to win! My name is andreakuenzel ... and I am a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your page looks amazing!

    aworkman

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see your heat embossing details on your layout! Thanks for the opportunity to win! My 2peas username: SWEETly Made

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your layouts, so I can't wait to see your newest one! Awesome product picks, too! margievis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great LO's - thanks for the chance to win a great prize!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the giveaway!!!!!
    mariangeles_spain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see what you created! Thanks for the chance to win. - scrapbookdiva

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the layouts you shared here!! These are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those chic tags and the websters pages too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow I need to pick up some of the corrugated papers those colors are just fabulous! I have truly discovered some awesome scrapbookers and projects during this hop. For instance "Let Your Friends Warm Your Heart" layout is just stunningly pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your layouts all of the time! So inspiring.
    rlw1954
    indyqltr@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jill. I love the stitching on your sneak preview page. Can't wait to see the full thing. Thanks for the chance to win (in my head the $10 is mine and already spent LOL!!)

    Kristol - treyaut

    ReplyDelete
  16. GREAT product picks and I love the sneak! Thanks so much for the chance to win! mprantner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excited to see your whole layout! love the theme for next month! my user name is ejsa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm going to have to get some of that corrugated paper! Thanks for all of the inpsiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally love the inspiration, I was bookmarking like crazy lol!!!! Can't wait to see your LO, looks very inspiring. I have yet to use embossing pwd . Thanks for a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't need embossing powder but the colors are so so lovely!
    (drakumel)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it!! embossing is becoming my new addiction too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all the inspiration and the sneak! :) Thanks for the chance to win! :)
    username: Ms-terious

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks amazing! I haven't used embossing powder yet, but I have admired it for awhile now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your picks, the Allison Kreft range seems really popular!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great picks!! I love embossing, especially on vellum!
    CristinaC

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for the chance to win

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the embossing on your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the ideas! TFS! (2peas username: kitteykaty)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your layouts are great and I'm enjoying your videos too. Love both Allison Kreft collections. Thanks for a chance to win. 2 peas name: Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the corrugated cardboard and your sneak looks fabulous, can't wait to see the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your picks and can't wait to see the layout!!


    Pea: Jessica337

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my...I LOVE that colorful corrugated cardstock, and am so bummed that I forgot to buy some with my last order. Would love to win a GC!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for the chance to win! My 2peas name is amy coose.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am loving this blog hop and thanks for offering a prize! paper podner

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great inspiration -- thanks for the opportunity to win from Scrapper1011.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for the inspiration and the opportunity to win from Scrapper 1011.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your LOs and videos! Kim Rogers (serenitysmom)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lots of great stuff happening at 2Ps! Thanks for sharing/enabling! I am in love with the corrugated paper, too! It's funny how years ago everyone had a paper crimper and now there's all sorts of corrugated papers out there - much bigger than a crimper could handle - to give all sorts of awesome texture to projects! Thanks for sharing!
    2Ps username - meredemaison

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the projects and products you've chosen!

    dpolkadots

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fab inspiration from the gallery. Love your five picks too. Thanks for sharing.
    lpeeps

    ReplyDelete
  41. As always, thank you for the inspiration! jbhood

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks for sharing! Those products look awesome, as do all the inspiration layouts!
    2peas: michelleun

    ReplyDelete
  43. I think I hear that corrugated paper calling my name...
    (gleestormont)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love those new Allison Kreft lines too! (susanb722 on 2Peas)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love your product picks! 2Peas names is AnissaScraps.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thanks for the inspiration! Love that embossing sneak! Thanks for a chance! Dee (Sparklin)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks for sharing your picks. I love that new Allison Kreft paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh, I love Alison Kreft's new line as well! (ScrappyAl)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Always look forward to your videos! Nice flair you pointed out too. username Judy Praia

    ReplyDelete
  50. Always look forward to your videos! Nice flair buttons you pointed out also.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Lovely layouts! Thanks for the inspiration :)
    (shutterbugaboo)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love your 5 favorite picks... Have my eye on the collection by Allison Kreft, the corrugated papers and those zing embossing powders. I do love to heat emboss but yet to use it on my layouts. Thanks for sharing.

    2peas: cutiephinphin

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thanks for the chance to win! my 2peas name: honoemi

    ReplyDelete
  54. I jumped on your blog looking for some inspiration, and did I ever find it! Thank you for the inspiration. I love your blog. Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  55. Jill I absolutely love your work. It's very different from mine, but I am inspired by something in each of your layouts.

    ReplyDelete