Tuesday, March 5, 2013

How to Make Everything Better

Add bacon. 
In the midst of one of the busiest weeks of my life
when more seems to be going wrong instead of right
and telling myself the stress is temporary doesn't make it feel temporary

my daughter has decided to start baking

and

don't you know how busy I am?
and
any week but this week 
and
I just don't have time

all come out sounding like
don't you know I am too busy for you?
and
there are other things more important than you
and
I just don't have time for you

so

I'm making bacon jam empanadas with the kid
at 9:00 at night
and
I don't even care how they come out
because they will be worth it.

3 comments:

  1. wow. that sounds beyond delicious. and surely baking with the kid instead of scrapping is worth a bonus point. and i hope things slow down/get better for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you do bacon put it on a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and put in the oven at 350º until crispy. You don't even need to turn it!
    Hugs & Aloha from Kailua
    PS. If a tall, blonde haole ever comes up to you all excited. Don't freak out. I just have this feeling I'm going to run into you at Long's or somewhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you. it's true, we forget how it seems when we're too busy. so glad you put on your big girl pants and jumped in w/both feet!
    ;) glee (also from Kailua)

    ReplyDelete