Saturday, March 2, 2013

March-ing

In like a lion?  I believe it!  This past week went by in a rush, culminating in the shift from one month to the next.  

So where does March find me?

I have been 

...reading Grace, the autobiography of Vogue Creative Director Grace Coddington. 
I first came to "know" her through her appearance in The September Issue.  Apparently I was not alone in this, as evidenced by the very first sentence of the book, in which Coddington refers to "the movie that is the only reason anyone has ever heard of me." 

I'm about 35 pages into the book, and so far, I'm really enjoying it. It flows quite nicely.

...watching very little that isn't stored on the DVR. I have no time to watch shows when they're actually on, so I record everything and just wait until I have time to catch up...which sometimes backfires, as I still haven't watched any episodes of The Walking Dead since the mid-season break. Amazingly, I haven't heard any spoilers all this time.  Maybe I haven't made time to watch it yet because I always feel depressed at the end of every episode. It's just getting darker and darker.  

Unsurprisingly, perhaps, I have had a hot date with Grey's Anatomy each week. I was worried after last season and that horrible "they totally jumped the shark" feeling I had, but this season has been pretty engaging. I'm also happy to see Supernatural finally improving. The first part of this season had me thinking the show was floundering. It just hasn't been the same since season five ended with "Swan Song." 

...scrapping a few 8.5" x 11" layouts lately. The first was for Wednesday's post on the October Afternoon blog. The idea was to get through that mid-week slump with some scrap therapy, using what you love on a layout, and so I found refuge in one of my favorite OA collections ever, Midway.
I created a second 8.5" x 11" layout after receiving the Jenni Bowlin Mercantile March kits in the mail  This month's kits are downright glorious.   Just look at the mini-album kit, for instance.  Sigh upon sigh...
This one came together just as the title indicates -- at the end of the day. I got home from work, went outside, snapped a self-portrait as is, and then pulled together the page in under 30 minutes, humming the line from the Les Mis song all the while.  

I like it. I kind of love it, actually. It all comes from a very real place. 

...listening to new music -- Twenty-One Pilots, Matt Costa, Nataly Dawn, and Family of the Year -- as well as lots of 80's and early 90's rock (my daughter's latest fixation). 

...bracing myself for the quarter's end next week. It's going to be nuuuuuts. 

Have a wonderful weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. oh loving these two new layouts! so inspiring! I love how you used the layering. might have to give it a try if you don't mind! your journaling is really a poem:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layouts-and your blog posts are always so interesting to me! I wish you lived nearby-I think we would be great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love your journaling! Other stuff too, but especially the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The misting and layering is perfection. I have to agree about WD, so depressing all the time. I finally watched Sherlock after you recommended it. So good! Do you have any other BBC gems to recommend?

    ReplyDelete