Tuesday, April 23, 2013

He Whom I Love

There are lots of reasons why we fall in love and stay in love, and here is one:
He really is a keeper. 

Even though I initially created this layout for an October Afternoon blog tutorial on repetition stamping, looking at this layout now, I am reminded of the importance of journaling on a layout. What if I had just created the background, added the photos and title, and wrote something along the lines of "Rob loves to juggle"? It just wouldn't be the same, and someday, someone looking back on this layout wouldn't realize why the sight of this guy juggling Easter eggs, as silly as it appears, makes me weak in the knees. 

Journaling -- it matters! 

6 comments:

  1. I love this layout, the background is pure genius! and I really like your journaling, always so moving and well written. you rock!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously love the background and what a sweet documentation, I agree journaling ROCKS! GREAT layout Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. At first I was drawn to the patterned paper and then realized it was stamped. Then I looked at the photos and thought, "how interesting." Then I read the journaling, and I cried. How incredibly sweet. The journaling absolutely matters - it ties everything together and COMPLETES your page. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful story, crafted even more beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with "journaling... it matters"! What a great scrappy mantra to have.
    Oh, and I teared up a little reading your story too!

    ReplyDelete