Saturday, May 11, 2013

She's Alive!

Hmm...a whole week without posting.

Can you tell the end is near?

That is -- the end of the school year! It gets crrrrrazy 'round this time of year. Yesterday, for instance, I left home at the crack of dawn and got home after my usual bedtime.

It's Saturday now (finally!), and though the laundry and dishes are calling my name (the way the nurse might call your name prior to an enema, say), I am declaring some me-time, and it all starts right here, with my bloggity blog -- and more importantly, with announcing the names of two lucky giveaway winners!

The winner of the Two Peas in a Bucket gift certificate is...


The winner of the NSD de-stashing giveaway is...

Congratulations, Jennifer and Mel!  I'll be in touch to request your shipping information. 

This week also saw the mid-month gallery reveal at Jenni Bowlin Mercantile. The May kits are full of brights -- lots of oranges, yellows, and blues. The antiquarian and historian kits are, alas, sold out, but there are a few papercrafting and mini-album kits left. I used both of the latter to create the two layouts that I contributed to the mid-month gallery. 

With the papercrafting kit...
I scrapped the photos my mom sent me from Paris when she traveled there earlier this spring. All her life she'd been dreaming of going there, and that dream finally came true for her. 
With the mini-album and papercrafting kits...
I scrapped one of my favorite subjects -- my sweet Cleo-girl (nicknamed "Smee" for some reason I can't recall). 
She just turned nineteen. Nineteen!  What's her secret?  Lots of naps. Also, cardio -- she steals socks from the laundry pile and runs down the hallway with them in her mouth in the middle of the night, shrieking. It's an unorthodox routine, but it seems to work for her. 

I also used both the papercrafting and mini-album kits to create a two-pager for the first gallery reveal. 
I placed the program from the event on the left side, and added the photos, journaling, and embellishments on the right.  I backed the die-cut silhouetttes with strips of patterned tape -- I love the effect! 
I'm off to conquer the dishes, before they conquer me. 

Thanks for stopping by today! 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Welcome back! I know what you mean about the end of the school year! Glad you shared your LOs! They look fantastic! I'll have to think about my nap and exercise routine and if I can adapt mine to what Cleo does - sounds like a lot more fun than going to the gym, not that I do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU can do it!!! :) LOVING these creations!

    ReplyDelete