Sunday, June 2, 2013

June at Two Peas

Welcome, June! I can finally share the theme for this month's Garden Girl project release at Two Peas in a Bucket:
Each Garden Girl has created a layout sharing one or more milestones, moments that matter. There are stories of growth and of change; there are reflections and celebrations of life. There are so many inspiring ideas for how to infuse milestone layouts with meaning. 

Initially, when I discovered the theme, my intention was to approach it through a timeline. I started gathering together photos of myself through the years, but the person on my mind whose story seemed more important to share was my grandmother, who passed away in April. At her funeral, I had the honor of giving the eulogy. Writing it was a struggle, but a worthwhile one. In looking back at her life through milestones, I came to realize that milestones are the stars that form the constellations of our lives. The layout that emerged during the week of her funeral celebrates the legacy of a good life, a life lived in love. 
More details -- including why I approached the background as I did -- may be found at Two Peas.

I used many of the new cut files from Two Peas on the layout. I was drawn to the arrows, to mark the passage of time, moving ever onward. 
Be sure to check out the rest of the gallery at Two Peas. You'll run the full gamut of emotions as you move from layout to layout. Each one is worth a second (or third or fourth) look 

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout! It's a nice tribute to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this background is genius. Love this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love that cut background. the whole page is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is AWESOME! I love the background and peeks through photos of her life--BEAUTIFULLY done!

    ReplyDelete