Friday, June 7, 2013

Sweet Sixteen

We have been married sixteen years to the day, and I can finally share the secret to a happy marriage: 
there are no secrets.

No, really -- that's it!
The best of loves is a come-as-you-are, take-me-as-I-am kind of love.

It's a love-me-looking-hot and
love-me-with-nappy-morning-breath-and-birdnest-hair love.

It's a man-you-piss-me-off-sometimes
and only-you-can-push-that-button reality,
as well as an
I-get-giddy-when-you-look-at-me-that-way
and you-still-give-me-butterflies fantasy.

In fact,
it's the fantastic real-ness of it all that astounds me after sixteen years.

8 comments:

  1. Love every little bit of this! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* twuuu wuv.
    love it!!
    You got yourself a winner there, Jill. You only deserve the very best.
    Happy Love Day you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true. Every bit. happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats - we are four years at the end of July and that seems to have flown. I loved your layout and have already devoured the vid and ordered some more journalling cards to have a go at recreating it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and love love this layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! And I totally love your page Jill! Great inspiration as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So inspirational. (Your new look blog is wonderful too.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFULLY stated! Congrats to you two--GREAT layout!!

    ReplyDelete