Tuesday, July 2, 2013

JBS Mercantile July Kit Reveal

This month's JBS Mercantile July kits are now available, but I'm guessing not for long. They are crazy beautiful! One look at the design team gallery will show you what I mean.

The three layouts that I contributed to this month's gallery were created with two of the five kits:
The movie Beach Blanket Bingo came to mind when I saw this photo of my mom in her retro bikini, but after realizing what happened between the time the first photo and the second photos were taken, I couldn't resist playing with the title. 
I printed the journaling on vellum, which softens the busier pattern underneath.  I also added vellum over circles punched from the balloon patterned paper in the kit. 


I will admit that it feels a little weird to create a layout that features an ex-boyfriend, but I would hate to avoid telling stories from the "dating" era of my life, since there are many worth telling. For instance, there's this gem of a tale about the time I met my then-boyfriend's father and subsequently threw up all over his boat. Fun! 
The nautical elements in the kits helped me to tell the tale. 
I combined both kits at times, and also had some fun with this month's exclusive chevron die-cut and chevron stencil.
You can find more details about each layout (and see the many, many creative approaches that the team took with this kit) at JBS Mercantile

Thanks for stopping by today! 

3 comments:

  1. Love both of these layouts - seems you are going through the archives! I have been scrapping some older pics recently as I have been inspired to share the stories. I scrap about exes too cos I know my kids will wanna read about it all someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a storyteller extraordinaire! Those gold anchors are delicious

    ReplyDelete