Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sharing Is Caring

It's the last day of July, and for me, it has been a euphoric and exhausting month. I've created over thirty projects since the month started, and although I could use a nap at the moment, what I really feel like doing is...

scrapbooking. 

That's a good sign, I think. Even though I should be on the verge of burn-out, I find myself looking forward to creating my next page. I'll be digging into my Jenni Bowlin Mercantile August kit later tonight.

First, I need to de-clutter my computer desktop. I have a bad habit of not putting anything in folders, and just letting it build on my desktop. Scattered among the thumbnails and icons are layouts that I haven't yet shared here.  Sorry for slacking. :) I'm happy to share now, though!

Here's my most recent JBS Mercantile layout, using the July mini-album kit.
I am crazy in love with gold vellum at the moment. I ran some through my Cameo to create the title.
Apparently I'm not the only one feeling gold vellum at the moment. I had a peek at the August JBS kits (going live tonight), and there's some gold vellum in there! Woo hoo! 
The layout documents our stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge when we traveled to Disney World a few years ago. The view from our balcony? Zebras, giraffes, and other animals of the savannah. I would totally stay there again! 

I also have a few October Afternoon layouts to share. The first was for a tutorial post, focusing on creating a free-hand title. 
The second was for a challenge post on the OA blog earlier in the month, focusing on creating a stamped background. I used an OA houndstooth stamp and some neon blue ink
A "poi dog" is a local nickname for a mixed-breed dog -- a mutt, basically. I know that there are people who are all about the purebreds, but give me my poi dog any day. It's funny -- if you look up "poi dog" on Wikipedia, it says something about how they'll eat anything. So true. 
I mixed Travel Girl and Daily Flash on this layout.  I also used a bunch of Daily Flash for this project: 
That's right -- OA has a school-themed Daily Flash collection coming soon! Here, I filled a 12 x 12 Daily Flash pocket sleeve with photos and papers to create a school-year-in-review project. I think my favorite part of it is the little pocket that I filled with punched heart confetti and stitched: 
Yet another Daily Flash project will be shared on the OA blog tomorrow. I told you I've been busy! 

I'm also excited to share a bunch of projects that I completed for the Elle's Studio CHA booth. The new Penelope line has stolen my heart! 
Whew!  I think I'm caught up now. 

Would you believe that there will be even more to share tomorrow? Tomorrow is the first of the month, which means that there will be a bunch of new Garden Girl projects in the gallery. I've been feeling the polka dots lately -- can you tell? 
It's also a Scrap Your Stash video day, and I'll be sharing ideas for how to use clips on layouts. Here's a peek: 
Thanks for stopping by today, and if you've made it this far, I think you've done your cardio for the day. Awesome endurance! :) 

4 comments:

  1. I want to be like you when I grow up)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow such colourful and vibrant layouts..I especially love the first and last ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW--I SO enjoyed looking at all of your delicious eye candy layouts--SO totally FUN!! Thanks for the inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete