Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sort of Here

Judging by my sporadic blog updates lately, you might be able to guess that the school year has started again. Whoosh -- just like that, summer was gone.  Whoosh -- just like that, another school year has begun.

Lest you think I'm lamenting the end of summer, in truth, I actually needed the school year to begin when it did. The lack of established routines over the past two months has made me a little loco en la cabeza -- and I'm not the only one who has felt the impact. When the dog skips breakfast and starts sleeping in, you know it's time for a change.

So yes, it's back to school for us around here. This will be my sixteenth year of teaching.  The oddest thing is that I still get nervous on the first day of school.  Stronger than my nervousness, though, is a sense of excitement and hope. It's the mix of these emotions that motivates me to give it my all, to invest myself in ensuring that each day, each week, each month, each year will matter.

I actually created a layout about my first day jitters for the Monday challenge on the October Afternoon blog.  Although it's still Sunday here in Hawaii, it's Monday on the mainland, so the challenge is already live.  Here's a peek:
The challenge itself is a fun one. It's something different.  Instead of a single challenge, there are actually nine different challenges, each based on a number. More details may be found on the OA blog. 

I also have a layout on the JBS blog today. I had some fun using the many gold accents found in JBS's new releases.
The full layout may be found on the JBS blog.

Well, it's off to bed for me. Alas, a new school year means an early bedtime. The dog is not going to be happy about this. 

3 comments:

  1. They look FABULOUS!! I can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is your handwriting a font somewhere? It should be! Love your handwriting, I'm sooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun thing to document--something real--LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete