Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Few OA Shares

There is so much happening lately at October Afternoon, what with the Webster's Pages partnership ("Great on their own, and great together!"), the reveal of new lines, and the forthcoming Daily Flash, Public Library, Treasure Map, and Silent Night collections. Exciting times!

I've so enjoyed working with the new OA lines. Over the past few weeks, a few of my projects have been featured on the OA blog, and I haven't yet shared them here, until now.

First, there is a card that I created with the Public Library collection (an English teacher's dream, by the way):
Second, I pulled together some Daily Flash papers and accents and had a go at the  "What's Your Number" challenge:
My number was one, which meant that my challenge was to incorporate a bold element on the page.  I added a streak of mist. I opened the bottle, held my layout at an angle, and poured just enough out of the bottle to create the effect you see here.

My final and most recent project was for this past week's Tuesday Tutorial post. I shared my approach to creating translucent pockets.
The stitched vellum pockets include heart confetti and other tidbits. 
 I so love the look of these translucent layers!
I'll have another OA project to share this week.  Thanks for stopping by today! 

2 comments:

  1. Love that card and how you layered the words! Great layouts too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is amazing- so simple yet complex. Great colors on all three projects. Excited about this partnership too- can't wait to get my hands on some of those new papers.

    ReplyDelete