Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lately-ing

Lately I've been...

watching Orange Is the New Black (brilliant show) and the sixth season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I'm almost on the musical episode, "Once More with Feeling" -- I can't wait!).  And yes, I do realize that I'm over ten years late in joining the Buffy train. Thank goodness for Netflix.

reading Sisterland, by Curtis Sittenfeld.  I've read all of Sittenfeld's other books, and have really enjoyed them. I'm also rereading The Namesake, by Jhumpa Lahiri, one of my favorite books. I've been discussing it with my juniors, as part of our "Lost and Found" unit in American Literature.
listening to Bastille (it helps if it's really, really loud), Arctic Monkeys, NONONO, Grouplove, Cage the Elephant, Hunter Hunted, and The 1975...oh, and Don Henley. I jones for Henley in the late summer. 

eating more sushi than I ever have in my entire life, now that our family has discovered Kuru Kuru. 
We headed there for lunch today, and it was incredible. I had the dynamite, the spicy tuna, and shrimp shumai. My husband swears by the spicy tuna don, and my daughter is a huge fan of the spicy tuna won ton and the inari (above). Good schtuff. 

scrapbooking with the JBS September kits, including the Papercrafting Kit...

and the Mini-Album Kit...
(Check out the full DT gallery!)
pinning all the things...

and

wondering where the heck the weekend went!  I hope you had a great one. ;) 

2 comments:

  1. I love Bastille too and they are from Leeds where I live! I love sushi too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out Sisterland--have loved her other books!

    ReplyDelete