Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Gardeners' Digest: October Garden Girl Blog Hop

Welcome to the Gardeners' Digest, a monthly update from the Garden Girls, the design team at Two Peas in a Bucket. We'd love it if you'd "hop" by each of our blogs today to see what's in bloom in the Garden this month.  If you've been following the hop so far, you were just visiting Paige's blog. 
Here's a peek from my upcoming Scrap Your Stash video, in which I focus on putting accents such as a stickers, buttons, and die-cuts to good use. 
I love this kitty cat die-cut from the Dear Lizzy Polka Party die-cut shapes pack.  This isn't actually a pet-themed layout, however.  If you hold on for a few days, you'll see the full reveal at Two Peas.

This month I have been on the lookout for 8.5" x 11" layouts in the gallery. Although I mainly scrap 12" x 12" layouts, I do switch it up from time to time.  The inspiration from the peas below serves as a reminder of why the shift from a square to a rectangle can be so worth it: 
"Christmas Morning 2012" by Midwesterngirl
"You Are Here" by GinnyHughes
"Sweet Memories" by ADogsLife13
Studio Calico Thataway Kraft and Vellum Envelopes. These are nice and large. I've been disappointed at times when I have purchased envelopes, only to discover that they are teensy tiny itty bitty little things. Not so with these! 
I am crazy about the B-side of this Crate Paper "Bundled Up" patterned paper. The A-side perpetuates the snow bias that tends to emerge at this time of year in the paper industry (aww, just think of those poor Hawaii folk having to rough it through a sunny winter), but the B-side makes this a must-have for me. 
I know that I should be focusing on Halloween at the moment (and really, I am!), but I am also thinking ahead to my holiday album. These Webster's Pages tree and reindeer clips are definitely on my wish list this year.
Holiday album aside, I really am in Halloween mode these days. Granted, I have no costume yet, but at least I know what my Halloween pages will be wearing -- these seasonal flair from Two Peas in a Bucket. Super cute! 
My most recent order from Two Peas included these Hipster wood veneer tiles, each of which speaks to what's been going on in my life lately (emphasis on the coffee cup). I can't wait to use these on a layout one of these days! 


To thank you for visiting today, I'd love to offer you a chance to win a $10 Two Peas in a Bucket gift certificate. Just leave a comment on this post (including your Two Peas username) before 6:00 p.m. Hawaii time on Monday, October 28, and I will select one lucky winner. 


The next stop on the blog hop is the lovely and talented Jen Kinkade, or if you'd like to start at the beginning of the hop, you can head to the Two Peas in a Bucket blog.  Thanks for hopping by today! 

61 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the full layout! 2ps:jenjeb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layouts you picked! tape

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your project! Two peas name: amy coose

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am totally loving that seasonal flair! 2p: ouchpapercut

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the product picks and the los are awesome! Can't wait to see your video! margievis

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really, really want those Christmas paperclips. So cute! Thanks for sharing the works of others (good inspiration) and can't wait to see your page!

    TwoPeas Name: Krissy_Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your top 5 - thanks for the chance to win.

    juliee181

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love 2 peas blog hops! Always love to be inspired by new products and projects! LOVE your videos, Jill, and can't wait until your next one goes live!!! I always watch them a couple of times! AnyaL
    nulana78@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who doesn't love stickers buttons and diecuts - can't wait!

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    2p: scrapbooker1030

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the chance to win.

    aworkman

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute sneak! I love your product picks, especially those little veneer squares! 2peas: mprantner

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait until your SYS video! You Garden Girls have the best videos! I always enjoy what you share!
    Thanks for the chance to win a way to add to my stash and for all you share!
    2Peas name: meredemaison

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love ALL your process videos! You are truly gifted...I can't wait to see more of your fun videos!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those wood tiles are too cute! Thanks for the picks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooh! i need those tiles!! 2peas: princesscarrie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I too love the wood veneer! Inspires me to stamp on some of y own. I also like your reminder to re think the 12x12 sometimes. I think it refreshes your perspective! (2p: maxadriane) Thanks! I enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really loved your post on the 2peas blog yesterday, very inspiring!

    Thanks for the chance to win, I'm kiwijesta @ 2peas

    ReplyDelete
  19. Scrapper1011 here and I love those wood veneers. I just may have to have them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your sneak! Can't wait for the rest. Love your Inspiration pages too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i scrap in 8.5x11 too and i like it more than 12x12.... love that christmas-themed paper clips! -scrapgurl14

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can see why you are inspired by those layouts. I am a 12x12 scrapper because there isn't enough real estate for my on 81/2x11 layouts. I love your choices for new products and those paper clips are adorable! I need them. Lol! Thank you for the inspiration and the chance to win. Take care. raeraesma :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my word, those reindeer paper clips are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for offering a two peas giveaway! peaname: paperpodner

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't wait to see the whole page! 2peas: alisonleigh21

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jill I really like all of the 5 pics you did, some of these are my favs too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Eekkk, can't wait for your video! I would love to see you put those Studio Calico envelopes to use. I got them and just keep staring at them...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the kitten on your sneak. So cute!
    Also really liked the baby layout.
    TFS
    bikeller @ 2peas

    ReplyDelete
  30. I can't wait to see the rest of your layout! I am loving Dear Lizzy's new line!
    aurorwillow

    ReplyDelete
  31. great inspiration as always! jbhood

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just love those tiles! Can't wait to see what you make! Thanks! Lisascreativeniche

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great sneaks. Thanks for the chance to win. 2peas: iggyboo32

    ReplyDelete
  34. oh YUMMY inspiration and product picks... thanks for the chance!!!
    2peas username: heathergw

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for the chance to win!
    jan509 at 2peas

    ReplyDelete
  36. Looking forward to the tips on using accents. Thanks!
    rlw1954

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love those reindeer and tree clips too! So cute.
    2peas:lpeeps

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love those 8.5x11 inspiration pages and the Christmas paper clips are going to be in my cart soon. :)
    pea name: photochic17

    ReplyDelete
  39. I have been looking at 8'5x11 page too!! Im very new to scrapbooking and love looking for ideas in the 2peas gallery!! I just bought those envelopes, Im got inspired watching the video you did about using all those envelopes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got soooo excited I forgot to add my 2peas name!! Lol!! JennaStreff

      Delete
  40. love your videos - can't wait for the next one - thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love yet he scrap your stash inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your sneak peek and those Christmas clips, thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I just got those veneer tiles also! I <3 the coffee cup too! serenitysmom

    ReplyDelete
  44. I can't wait to see your video!
    The five products you chose are great!
    pea name: dani_bmm

    ReplyDelete
  45. Can't wait to see your project. You always do amazing things! Also love your picks - I just recently used that Bundled Up paper and I've been eyeing those shaped clips myself! Thanks for the chance to win. :)

    2peas: sassiescrapper

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thanks for the chance to win! Love what you are doing with all your supplies.
    2peas - rainbow frog

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful projects. I love your work.
    2peas: capegina

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love those awesome clips too. Thanks for the prize. my 2pea user is: garlandandrea

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thanks for the chance to win!

    2peas: anitatina

    ReplyDelete
  50. THis is such a fun giveaway! two peas name is kshenkar:)

    ReplyDelete
  51. LOVE your PICKS those and a few of the Allison Kreft line are on my list!! Thanks for a chance!!

    ilissa willing

    2peas: iwilling

    ReplyDelete
  52. Awesome inspiration pages! Thanks so much for a chance to win! Sparklin@2peas

    ReplyDelete
  53. love those 2peas exclusive wood venner cards and flairs!! too cute, ejmuach@2pea

    ReplyDelete
  54. those reindeer paperclips are so cute! thanks for the chance to win :) 2peas name - littletoki

    ReplyDelete
  55. excited about the "coming soon" projects.

    ReplyDelete
  56. jill, i got your scrapbooking soul class as a birthday present! yes, i asked for it. your journaling is such an inspiration. :)

    2peas name: tbear103

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thanks for the great picks and the chance to win! 2 peas: Kevshreff

    ReplyDelete
  58. Assuming the date is October 28, I still made the deadline.
    Thanks for my chance. peaname in newgirl2scrapping

    ReplyDelete