Monday, October 28, 2013

Scrapidées and a Seven-Photo Sketch

This past week I had the pleasure of joining the Scrapidées team as we each shared our take on Sketch 309, which I designed to include up to seven photos.  
My take on the sketch involved a farewell to a season that I love when it is here and miss dearly when it is not here: summer. 
The layout description shared on the blog is in French, so here is the English version, in case you're interested (and don't speak French): 
The sketch calls for seven photos (although that number can be adjusted to include blocks of patterns and accents, not just photos), and I compiled seven (1.75" x 1.75") photos that highlight some of our most memorable summer moments (good and not-so-good, like cleaning the yard -- the grass grows so quickly in the summer!). The background paper from Studio Calico had such a summer feel, so I used it as the foundation for the layout, and embellished it a bit by adding some misting and a few additional patterns.  
Supplies: papers (Studio Calico, My Mind's Eye, Jenni Bowlin Studio, 7Gypsies, Amy Tangerine, BasicGrey, Farmhouse Paper Company, Daisy D's); vellum (Paper Accents); metal badges (October Afternoon); metal stars (Two Peas in a Bucket); letters (American Crafts); washi tape (Freckled Fawn); paint (Jenni Bowlin Studio); mist (Studio Calico, Heidi Swapp); mask (Studio Calico); pen (Uni-ball); stamps (October Afternoon, Hero Arts); ink (Tsukineko)
Be sure to check out the original post on the Scrapidées blog, which features a variety of layouts based on this sketch.  I'd like to thank Paloma and the rest of the team for inviting me to be a guest! 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful and so you! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really awesome page, Jill! I love all of the layered bits behind the photos. And the way you make that awesome sunshine Sassafrass-designed paper work so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally saw this article, and i'm pretty sure i pinned your layout on my inspiration board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really LOVE the mix of papers and SO many pictures--AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete