Monday, November 11, 2013

A Different Kind of Monday

Usually my Mondays begin with a groan, as the alarm clock heralds the onset of another week of traffic jams, "to do" lists, and pressing deadlines, but today I woke without an alarm clock (unless you count the hungry, screaming cat who made me stumble out of bed at 5:00 a.m. -- someone in this house is her own alarm). There's no school today, no work today, and my family planned a belated birthday celebration for me, which is really quite sweet.

Is it strange, then, that I am most excited about making a dent in the laundry today? I have neglected the stacks for far too long. It's so bad that I am not even looking in my drawers or closet for clothes any more. I head immediately for the laundry baskets each morning.

And don't think that in my excitement over folding socks that I have forgotten the real reason for this day off. It isn't just a "free" Monday. It is a time set aside for reflection and celebration; it is a day to remember all those who have served our country, and who continue to do so. I am truly grateful for our veterans!

Before I embark on my clothes-folding expedition, I have some happy news to announce for a lucky giveaway winner. A $10 Two Peas in a Bucket gift certificate belongs to…

Congratulations, Jennifer! I'll be touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment