Friday, November 15, 2013

Mid-Month Reveal at JBS Mercantile!

Not long ago I shared a few sneaks of the projects that I created using the JBS Mercantile November kits, and now I can finally share the full projects, since it's time for the mid-month gallery reveal!

In October, I had the opportunity to chaperone a college tour of the Pacific Northwest. It was my first time visiting Oregon, and I fell in love with the landscape. It was a bit chilly for this Hawaii girl at times, but honestly, I have never before breathed air so clean and crisp.  You'd think the air here in Hawaii would be great, but there's so much vog here.  What's vog, you may ask?  It's a thick blanket of yuck that descends on the island chain when the tradewinds die down and emissions from the erupting Kilauea volcano mix with the exhaust from the never-ending traffic.  Ah, paradise.

Anyhoo, back to Oregon:
I am crazy about these gold leaves, especially after seeing leaves turning for the first time in my life.  I've always been a summer girl, but now I'm thinking that I may defect to autumn. 

My second layout focuses on my heart and my home -- my family. Recently my daughter celebrated her sixteenth birthday, and it was indeed sweet to think back to our sixteen years together as a family and the way that having her in our lives changed everything, in the most wonderful way. 
I am always delighted each month to open my JBS Mercantile papercrafting kit and see the exclusive patterned papers designed by Lisa Dickinson (like the paper above).  She has such a great designer's eye. 

My third and final layout was inspired by the large wooden die-cut from the papercrafting kit.  I've had a lot of "best days" in my life, but I suppose we all are questing in some way for the "best day ever." The journaling on this page reflects on that quest, shifting the meaning of the title from a declaration to a speculation -- what are the best days of our lives? 
I incorporated some lovely lacy touches from the antiquarian kit. 
The full November gallery may be viewed at JBS Mercantile.  I think you'll love what the team has to share!

3 comments:

  1. These pages are awesome! I always get so inspired by your work! Looove your videos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, I'm a local girl too and get awful vog related allergies, yuck! I also spent 10 years living in Oregon so this post brought back many wonderful memories. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the Multnomah Falls layout, great colors, fab stitching and oh those gold leaves!!!

    ReplyDelete