Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Finally Feeling It

It only took 24 days, but I am, at long last, feeling the Christmas spirit. Extra sleep may have something to do with it, but I also must give credit to my holiday playlist and the aroma of a turkey roasting in the oven. The tree is decorated (finally), the gifts are wrapped, the dog has a candy-cane-shaped bone, and my family is together.  

And now that my heart is happy and my tummy is about to be, too, why is it that NOW is the time that my scrap mojo decides to surface? I keep having to push it back down, but maybe I can steal a moment later to add a few more pages to my holiday album. 

Here are some of the pages that I added to the mix last week: 
This page documents the evening we came home to find that some of our lights were falling down. We got a good laugh out of that one, though I am not sure that our neighbors did -- the lights stayed that way for two nights, until Rob had a break in his schedule and could get to them.
The next page shares my thoughts about Christmas music and other holiday favorites. It's sad, but I haven't really surrounded myself with holiday music much this December, until today. This morning, while I prepped the turkey, my playlist kept me company:
This month has been kind of a whirlwind, and I haven't always been able to devote a page per day to my album, so at times, I've just collected some pics and pulled them together. The Daily Flash album pages have made this so easy for me.
I will have more to share from my album this weekend.

In the meantime, have a WONDERFUL holiday!

3 comments:

  1. Joyeux Noël Jill! Glad you finally got the spirit! love your album, you are so so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFULLY done--know what you mean about the Christmas spirit, it took awhile but I got there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beatiful and get to it when you can, I love your album and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete