Sunday, December 22, 2013

Gardeners' Digest: December Garden Girl Blog Hop

Welcome to the Gardeners' Digest, a monthly update from the Garden Girls, the design team at Two Peas in a Bucket. We'd love it if you'd "hop" by each of our blogs today to see what's in bloom in the Garden this month.  If you've been following the hop so far, you were just visiting Paige's blog. 
This past week I shared my latest Scrap Your Stash video, which features a combination of holiday and non-holiday supplies. 
The layout is not just the sum of its physical parts, however; at the heart of it is the journaling, which sums up just how I have been feeling as Christmas draws ever closer.
The beautiful thing about the Two Peas gallery in December is that it is PACKED with inspiration. Every time I visit, there is something there that makes my jaw drop, or that makes me want to create something, or that reminds me why scrapbooking matters, or all of the above.  Here is a sampling of what has been catching my eye lately:
(Projects by JenChapinMarie-Pea, Dani_TJ. Leija, and BlueStarDesign.)
Right now, here are a few of the products that have found their way into my cart and into my happy hands.
I used this printable on one of my recent holiday layouts.
I went a wee bit crazy with the punched circles. 
I've also been feeling the flair lately. The ones above come from October Afternoon and Two Peas in a Bucket

I am also crazy about those wooden stars, from Studio Calico.  I coated them with copper embossing powder. 
Lastly, I can't seem to stop reaching for my Color Shine mists.  My go-to color lately has been Blush. I used it on the "Wish" wooden card (see the top of the post). 

Given that it is the holidays, and I'm in a giving mood, I'd love you to be the recipient of a $10 Two Peas in a Bucket gift certificate!  Just leave a comment on this post (including your Two Peas username) before 6:00 p.m. Hawaii time on Monday, December 30, and I will select one lucky winner. 

Thanks for hopping by today!  The next blog on the hop is Céline Navarro. 

38 comments:

  1. I'd love to be the lucky recipient of a $10 Two Peas in a Bucket gift certificate!! Thank you for the chance and for continuous inspiration!
    2peas name: AnyaL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your last video! Thanks for all the inspiration in 2013! chelsp82

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this LO. I never want much for christmas either, just good people :) I also love you trick to use a scallop punch with printables. That is a great trick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved that video!! I lost me Father almost 4yrs ago and nothing is the same.. I can tell you it gets better with time, I'm sure you have heard that one.. But it is true... Merry Christmas!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Encore de si belles créations, merci pour le partage !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be such fun to shop in the Two Peas store!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your creative process. I love watching your videos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the wonderful video! You really hit on my most favorite aspect of scrapbooking - revealing my heart! I'm excited that I can make something that's interesting to look at, but overall the story is what I want to share the most! It's so fun that your product pics are the things you used in your stash video! It's so fun to have great products to choose from!
    --meredemaison

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think my family still owns the same cardboard chimney as in your layout. We still beg my dad to set it up each year. Who needs real chimneys in Hawaii anyways?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great video! Love the journaling on labels and the font you used. Thanks for the chance to win! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank for the all the inspiration you share ~ your videos are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you did videos this year - you have a recognizable style but also a nice voice)
    (drakumel)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hugs to you this Christmas. The first Christmas without a loved one is so very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have enjoyed your videos this year. Thanks for the chance to win. 2peas: iggyboo32

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun giveaway! Love your project peeks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your journaling! And those wooden stars are my faves too!!
    *pink* at 2 peas

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the use of copper glitter, it's my favorite metallic!
    merry christmas, Ouchpapercut

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so love this time of the month, when you all share what inspires you! Thanks for sharing and the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your layout and journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the chance to win! Love your product picks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree that journaling is at the heart of a layout. It can be hard to make it more than just an afterthought sometimes! :)

    Peaname: avec_la_fleur

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have enjoyed seeing your work and watching your videos over this past year. I can't wait to see what you have in store for 2014, I just love a fresh new year.

    aurorwillow

    ReplyDelete
  24. Always love your layouts and anticipating to see more in the New Year :)
    2peas: anitatina

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your product picks! Thanks for the chance to win some fun money! 2peas: mprantner

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow what FANTASTIC celebration--I totally agree there is always SOMETHING that is just incredible and inspiring in the gallery--thanks for a chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's always interesting to me to see what you Garden Girls are inspired by! Thanks for the ideas and the links (love those christmasy OA tin pins!). Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You've got a great
    list going here.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have loved your videos this year, thanks for inspiring us all year. Merry Christmas and all the best in 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Santa, if I win this prize, I'll use it to get the class by Jill Sprout! Please pick my name!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for the chance to win! This would be a great christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I LOVE those stars as well! serenitysmom

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh, I love your projects and videos! Would love to get some of those stars and other goodies. Thanks for the chance.

    2peas username: sassiescrapper

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your layouts and the stories they tell. Also love those wood stars...they've always been sold out when I've placed a 2 peas order. Maybe someday they'll be back in stock. 2 peas name: Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such awesome goodies!
    - April W (scrappingmommyof2 @2Peas)

    ReplyDelete
  36. The journaling on your page is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  37. THanks for the chance to win. Thanks for all your great videos on 2peas!

    ReplyDelete
  38. great inspiration! thanks for all the great ideas & layouts from 2013... looking forward to 2014!

    ReplyDelete