Thursday, January 23, 2014

Getting Sketchy with Shimelle

It's always a kick when Shimelle invites me over for a play date on her blog.  She is most definitely one of the cool kids, and being my socially awkward self, I kind of spaz out whenever I get a chance to join in on one her posts or classes. What I love most about Shimelle is how REAL she is while being so imaginative, and how grounded she is while being so innovative.  Her scrapbooking style reflects that.  I can totally understand why the mere mention of "Glitter Girl" makes the peas at Two Peas so giddy. 

Speaking of giddy, that is exactly how I felt when I joined Shimelle earlier this month for a sketch post. I adapted the sketch for an 8.5" x 11" approach, focusing on my first few days back to school this past fall. 
Now, at the beginning of the second semester of the school year, I can look back at the beginning of the school year (the time depicted in the photo) and realize just how much "the angle of my vision" has shaped who I am and who I am becoming.

What also becomes clear through this layout is that scrapbooking moments matters, as does journaling. The moment in the photo was fleeting, but in retrospect, it made a lasting impact, a realization that the journaling helped to bring about.

And of course, I have Shimelle to thank, since I likely would not have created this page had it not been for her!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful page, Jill. And certainly something to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love your journaling! I hope to get more consistent in that area! Lovely page and congrats to making the CP team!

    ReplyDelete