Sunday, February 23, 2014

What Sick People Do

1. Cough a lot.
2. Repeat "this sucks" often.
3. Cuddle all day with a happily willing dog.
4. Finish the second season of House of Cards whilst lying on the couch with a kleenex nose plug.
5. Look the feverish kind of hot.

After the fourth day of dealing with this bug, I am so over it. I am feeling a lot better today, though, having recovered my mojo along with my ability to taste food! Hooray! I found time today to work on a few upcoming projects, which I'll be sharing soon. In the meantime, here are some recent ones that I haven't yet shared here, starting with my first ever Crate Paper design team layout.


I created this layout in response to the "XOXO Story" theme on the CP blog, and as luck would have it, I did not have to search very long for a fitting story. The journaling explains it all!

I also have two recent October Afternoon layouts to share. The first I put together for a tutorial post focusing on how to create a title using washi tape:
I suppose the journaling on that layout explains it all as well.  :)

This week I joined Mandy Koeppen on the OA blog for a sketch challenge, using lots of layers. Here's my take on it:
My final layout was shared last week on the JBS blog, and it contains my February "love list." I used bits and pieces from my February JBS Mercantile kits here: 

Well, I'm off for another dose of cold meds. Funnnnn.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Love them all - feel better! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness! That is one of the sweetest Valentine stories I have ever heard!!! You have a treasure for a guy....willing to do all that the day AFTER Valentine's Day! So adorable!

    Glad you are feeling better. Lovely LOs...esp the Valentine one!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    Please visit my brand-new blog: http://herpeacefulgarden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love these. You are too good.
    Feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete