Sunday, March 23, 2014

Going Green

This has been a good week for those who love the color green, what with St. Patrick's Day and the first day of spring occurring within just a few days of each other. It's no wonder, then, that my challenge this week on the October Afternoon blog is to go green on a project, whether that means using the color, repurposing an item, using the word "green," or all of the above.  
I've been noticing a lot of handwriting-inspired and-calligraphy-inspired titles and fonts showing up in printables, in cut files, and in products lately, and I decided to take a DIY approach to the trend here, creating my own modified handwritten title. 
Using a craft marker on cardstock, I wrote the word "green," and then used watercolor pencils in various shades of green to write the word over and over (and over and over). I then cut out the title and smoothed a brush dipped in water across it, blending the colors. 

I used watercolor pencils elsewhere on the layout as well, along with a polka dot stencil and modeling paste. 
I *love* green. 

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm I'M IN LOVE with this layout! You inspire me get again Jill, just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic!!! Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete