Sunday, March 2, 2014

In A Week's Time

It's been a whole week since I last posted. Gosh. Not only am I still under the weather (though I am feeling better, thankfully!), but the third quarter is also at an end, which means that it is crrrrazy right now on the work front. It's an exciting time, especially as the seniors can sense that graduation is getting closer by the day, but it's an exhausting one as well, with early onset senioritis making the rounds.

This past week I contributed a layout to the design team gallery at Two Peas in a Bucket. It was my first "Capture" layout of the year, and it builds on this month's "me" theme by responding to the challenge of incorporating "me" when scrapbooking the everyday.
I focused not just on the visual aspect of putting myself on the page, but also on the written aspect, making journaling a form of self-portraiture, in a sense.
This weekend the JBS Mercantile March kits were revealed, and they are really quite lovely. I created the following layout with the papercrafting kit and mini-album kit:
It was about time that I started making more progress on scrapping the photos from my fall trip to Oregon and Washington. I've created a few layouts here and there, but so many photos have remained neglected since I got back from the trip. I decided to scrap the highlights of a single day in Portland by compiling a grid of 24 photos.
Even with all of the variation in the colors of the photos, the papers in the papercrafting kit worked so well here. Who knew that I'd be scrapbooking October in March?

March. Yes, March. Already.
You know what that means: CALVINBALL!
Source
My points so far: 3
Layouts completed since March 1: 2 (2 points)
Plugging Calvinball (1 point) 
(If you're wondering, "What the heck is Calvinball?" then see this post.) 

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. These pages are AMAZING! I LOVE your style! I've been scrapbooking for years and, try as I might, I can't master layering like this. I get excited when I see your email in my inbasket- I can't wait to see your newest page:)
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely smashing pages! I really love the lots of photos one and the way you packed so much energy in the page!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete