Saturday, March 8, 2014

Lately(ing)

Lately, I've been...

...watching True Detective. This show has me transfixed.  There's been a lot of buzz about Matthew McConaughey's performance, and I must say, there is something to that. When I watch him as Rust, all I see is Rust. I forget about the actor, and that's a true sign of great acting. I'm all caught up on back episodes, and can't wait to see what's next.

...reading Salman Rushdie's The Enchantress of Florence and Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett's Good Omens. Why two books?  I left the first one in the car one night and picked up the second at my daughter's urging (as in, she left it on my pillow), and now I can't choose which one I'd rather be reading.  We'll see it how it plays out.

...eating way too many Samoas, supplied to me by the cutest crack dealers that ever were, the Girl Scouts of the USA.
...scrapbooking in between days, stealing time here and there in the midst of the end of the third quarter at school. There's much to be said about a mental health break. Now I can add more Calvinball points to the tally!

I put together a few "girly-girl" layouts for the Crate Paper blog, which has been featuring projects created with the new "Oh Darling" collection this week.  My first page is about my two girls:
The second one includes a photo of my daughter at her prom dress fitting. When I was generating ideas for the layout, I studied the photo in an effort to "listen" to what it was saying to me. I saw a girl in a dress -- but not just any girl, and not just any dress.  From there, the rest of the page followed.

and finally,

...starting spring break, at last! Woo hoo!

2 comments:

  1. enjoy your spring break!! what i wouldn't give for a whole week off :) do it up right for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how I have missed your candid blog--been running like a mad woman keeping up with my kids and LOVING it! Thanks for the GREAT inspiration and laughs!

    ReplyDelete